Saturday, 12 January 2008

Life can be amazing!



Life can be a maze...

It can also be totally amazing.

As with any maze, you can go down different paths, only to get lost and have to back track. You can twist and turn until you feel completely lost… But you aren’t really!

Remember that there is a way out
Every maze has an exit, a destination; a way out of all this confusion. Don’t forget that it’s there, since that’s your goal. If you forget that there is a goal, all you’ll see are the walls. Remember you have a purpose to strive for.
Think back to all the steps you took
When you forget what got you here, it’s easy to feel lost. Learn from your past and get your bearings. Take a break to center yourself. Don’t keep moving about or banging on the walls; that’ll only get you more confused. Find your center and remember what did not work before you continue on.
Every move has a purpose
Either you’re moving towards your goal, or a dead end… and you won’t really know which is which until you reach a wall. All you can do is make each step thoughtful and full of purpose.
You’re not alone in this maze
There are a number of people in this maze with you. Sometimes you’ll be walking with them; other times you will go your separate way. Enjoy each other’s company, learn from each other; make the search more worthwhile by sharing.
Who says “out” is better?
Remember the saying that Life is a Journey, not a Destination. This maze we’re talking about is Life. Enjoy it for what it is. Not every turn leads to a trap; many times it leads to a treasure.
Think in more dimensions
You lock yourself into the maze when you think that the walls are boundaries. No one says you have to let them confine your progress. Stop thinking in limitations. There’s always UP.
We have a fascination with mazes and there are many life size ones all over the world!
Have a go at making your own maze!

26 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh mazes...scary!

Annieye said...

I couldn't resist another look at your lovely, thought-provoking blog. My dad used to say that if you come to a fork in life's path, take the one that you prefer but don't ever think that you can't return and take the other path. It just takes courage to admit you were wrong.

Zoƫ said...

I adore mazes and labyrinths - I was tryng to remember the name of the garden that particular maze is in - I may be searching my maze of a mind for days to come! Sage advise though.

Stinking Billy said...

It's that bit about remembering the steps you took and finding your way back that always snookers me. I am just too impatient and move too quickly for my own good.

But you meant well! ;-)

Lady in red said...

sorry I have not been around much lately.

this is trully amazing and I shall try to remember the sageness of it next time I hit a wall.

laughingwolf said...

any brain challenge is a ton of fun, thx cas! :)

Ashley's Mom said...

Thank you, I needed this today. My daughter's carer told me yesterday that she is moving on to another job, one with benefits. I am happy that she willnow have the medical benefits that she needs. I just don't think she understands the impact her leaving will have. She is the first carer that my daughter has loved. The separation is going to be very difficult, especially so because my daughter may not understand. And I, too, am devastated and afraid. Finding an appropriate person to care for my daughter is a herculean task. We will probably go a while with no one, and that is going to have a profound effect.

I need remember your words that every move has a purpose and that there is a way out...

Thanks again,
AShley's Mom

Debs said...

Remembering what did not work in the past before continuing on is exactly what I needed to read today before getting on with my editing. I always find your posts so incredibly inspiring.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I've never been in a real maze before. Had enough in my life to contend with that I haven't had the need to get my outer self lost.

Crystal Jigsaw xx

mommy~dearest said...

Again you a-maze me with your insight. :)

Makes me think, because Jaysen REALLY likes mazes...

BBC said...

My life has certainly been a maze for the last ten years after starting on my spiritual journey.

Some of it stressful, but all of it very interesting. And if I want to talk to someone that fully understands me and doesn't argue with me I only have to walk next door and talk to Helen.

It's nice to have such a wise old lady for a neighbor.

Ian Lidster said...

Interesting metaphor. I liked it. I also know how to get out of any maze, even the one at Hampton Court.

Celticspirit said...

Great way of looking at things. There are many paths, right ones and wrong ones and eventually we get on the right one and learn from our mistakes of taking the wrong one. Great post.

Jodi said...

Wise words and they spoke to me today. Thanks!

bonbon momma said...

Yes, an interesting perspective when one is in need of some perspective (which I am in need of).

Niksmom said...

Sage words and comforting thoughts. THanks. And yes,you are right, sometimes it is about the journey and we need to remember to be present and mindful in the here and now as we wander through this maze of life.

motherx said...

I need to remember all these very true points at times. Especially the difficult day I have had with W today. Felt very down and resentful about him, but when you put it like this, somehow makes it seem a lot clearer and less doom and gloom. Dont know if Im making any sense???

leslie said...

As I read your post today, all I could think was what an a-mazing woman with such wisdom!

My daughter and I did the maze at Leeds Castle and we thought it to be great fun. Now, I must try to remember your wise words the next time I go through a situational maze in my life. Let it be fun! There is an ending to it but find something to enjoy or learn while it lasts.

You truly are an a-mazing woman!

Tera said...

That is truly beautiful. Thank you.

Omega Mum said...

Bad Lindy's maze tip: "Bring a flamethrower."

aspiemom said...

Great post. I've never done an actual maze or labyrinth, like in a corn field in the autumn.

But personally, I've been in many life mazes and this was very good advice!

~Miss Nelson said...

Very thoughtprovoking. I have a situation in life now that I can relate this to, I can't give up.. I must continue.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Marla said...

Very nice. M liked your comment on mazes on her blog. :)

Eileen said...

So very true, a maze is a journey, very similar to our life journey. Great comparison, love this.

WesterWitch/Headmistress said...

I guess it is all down to perception - thought provoking . . . I actually find mazes claustrophobic . . but I don't find life like that - as you say it is not the destination, but the journey . . .

Get Off My Lawn! said...

If you put your left hand on the left wall and start walking without removing your hand, you will eventually come out of a labyrinth. Tips from channeling Theseus.