Monday, 17 September 2007

Playgirl Heaven!

I was recently reminded of an incident that happened a few years ago.
When C was about 3 or 4 i used to take him to an opportunity group. It was quite a small group which suited C as he didn't like other children!!
After about an hour of being at the group we were all startled by shouting coming from somewhere else in the building. We rushed to find out what the commotion was. A boy who was obsessed with doors had looked himself in an office. And was refusing to come out.
The mother was panicking. We all tried coaxing him out, picking the lock, all to no avail. So the mother decided to call the fire brigade.
Whilst all this was going on C was getting very anxious and had started headbanging the walls and floor. In those days he used to have a helmet, so i thought i had better put it on.
I knelt down infront of C..........................



And the next thing i knew i was flat on my back looking up into the eyes of 3 fireman!! For a second i thought i had died and gone to heaven, until the throbbing from the bump on my forehead kicked in, that i realised what had happened!!

Moral. Do not put a helmet on a headbanger from the front!!

18 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Well if that's the quality of firemen, as in photo, maybe it was worth the bang?!

Helen said...

:-)

Yep, for that fireman I'd also take a hit!

UN PEU LOUFOQUE said...

Blimey and I thought I'd got o long lenght s to get a pompiers attention!!!You win!!!

Inthemud said...

Good Grief the extremes you'll go to to get a few Firemen to look after you!!

Billy Boy said...

Reminds me of the time a friend was leaning down to pet a dog and he jump up and headed butted him on the fore head....for the next few days he had a very large bump on his head.The dog's name happens to be bruno so the old saying, never work with children or animals comes to mind...

violet_yoshi said...

LoL. I'd rather it have been the image of that angel from the earlier post. Not that the fireman isn't bad..it's just, the angel is more like..really hot. LoL

Samantha said...

One of all my all time favourite things is firemen, but they get beaten hands down by army men. Sigh . . .

Crystal Jigsaw said...

The things you have to think about! But is it the uniform?

Crystal xx

Jade said...

Hee hee, ohh my goodness. Now thats a bad lesson to have to learn the hard way. But at least you were compensated with the cheap thrill of 3 hot firemen standing over you ;-)

DJ Kirkby said...

lol, this made me laugh..in a wry, 'been there experienced similar things' kind of way...

WesterWitch/Headmistress said...

Oh wellv . . . . sigh . . .you will fit in beautifully at Purplecoo.

Casdok said...

Thankl you WW. Does this mean i get a scholarship?

Cait O'Connor said...

Yes we all love firemen at purplecoo

Chris H said...

Thanks for popping by my blog... just so ya know, that fridge was not the proper one, just the 'beer fridge"! I'd hate anyone to think that's all I have in me fridge!

Justin said...

I have had similiar incidents with kids I have worked with who were autistic, locking themselves in rooms where you couldn't get to them.
Hope your head didn't hurt for too long.
Oh, I'm becoming wee embarrassed by the photos you have put up of me, first me as an angel, second, of me when I was in the fire brigade. But I really don't mind so much. I don't mind helping out.

Elizabeth McClung said...

Good story - though any story where you start wondering if you are having some sort of guilt free sexcapade as the climax is a VERY good story. Also, has a safety tip - this is like a PG-13 rate public service announcement.

Casdok said...

Yes thank you Justin for the photos!!
As they seem to be going down so well i thought i might use a few more. Hope you dont mind!!

And thank you Elizabeth, maybe i should rate them!!

sweetpeas said...

You got me laughing - Poor Momma Head!